La fête de Halloween
Yesterday I was a bit stressed what with the last-minute preparations for the Fête de Halloween - how much food and drink to buy, putting up the decorations, 'will anybody come?', etc. Luckily my worries were all for nothing, because it worked out almost perfectly!
About 50 or 60 students, American and French, showed up and about half stayed for the full 2 hours. The food didn't run out too soon, but almost all of it - and there was a lot! - was eaten. There weren't really enough drinks but oh, well... And the decorations looked awesome! I will post some photos when I get the chance. So that was a big relief. My costume - borrowed from a friend who used it freshman year - was a Magic 8-ball, that is, I wore black and taped a white circle with an 8 on my back. On my front was the triangle, in fact, multiple triangles with different responses among which I could choose depending on the question. Get it? That was an instant conversation starter - inevitably, 'What are you?' and then when they figured it out, of course they had to ask me a question, shake me, and see the response! It was a lot of fun.
Today, Dad, Colleen and I had lunch at the cutest little restaurant featuring local French cuisine. We ate like kings and queens for just 12,50€ each - not bad. This week has been a gastronomical adventure, eating out every night. It's always fun trying to figure out the menu - even I have a lot of trouble deciphering it and predicting what the dishes will actually be! It's nice, because my French family is on vacation - so at least I'm not too lonely. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home